Monday, March 28, 2005

King of the Hill

NOW WE ARE TALKING TBS! This here, this is the very first episode of Save by the Bell proper, where Slater comes to town and Zack is all take my locker (I really want your locker because it is next to Kelly's) and Slater is all WE ARE ENEMIES, DUDE!

I remember when this episode first aired (though the memory is a touch hazy): it was a special Monday night premiere, right after Fresh Prince, the night before I started the 6th Grade. I thought to myself, "There is probably a very good chance that, a few years from now, I will watch this show after school, like 800 times a day, until every line sings from the very core of my heart." Then me and my hot model girlfriend had a bucket of fried chicken and took my Camero to the Walmart parking lot and did donuts until dawn, with her whispering "you are awesome, you are awesome..." in my ear the whole time! Yep, that is exactly how it went down I think.

Also in today's episode, all that is good and golden - Mr Dewey, Mrs. Simpson, TONS of Mrs. B references (Mr Belding: "Zack, put Mrs. Belding down!"), scamming!, professionally printed signs that no student could have, more scamming, etc.!!!!!

Today's Quote

Mr. Belding: Mrs. B and I did take up synchronized swimming. You haven't seen Dirty Dancing until you've seen us under water. Hah-ha!

Most Implausible Moment

Slater: "I've been in 14 different schools in the past 3 years."

Um, no you haven't because that is ridiculous. You are a liar.

Also, where did Zack get a remote-controlled, life-size picture of Kelly Kapowski playing volleyball and how many Proofs of Purchase from Fruit Gushers do I need to get one?

Mr Dewey Watch

Mr Dewey: "Ok people, settle down. I'm Mr Dewey how was your summer mine stunk let's get started."

Mr Dewey: "We're about to embark on an exhilarating journey into the world of Algebra ... I'll wait till your hearts stop pounding."

Mr Dewey: "I don't believe it and I don't care. I'm tired, I have a toothache, and I have to go home and pump iron."

Man, did the Dew-man have his own writer or something? This stuff is like it's from another show where people say things that are funny.

What is Wrong With Slater? Watch

It's nice to see he started out retarded.

Zack: "I'm Zack Morris."

Slater: "And I'm Roger Rabbit, so what?"

Zack: "You should take [my locker] - it's right next to the girl's bathroom."

Slater: "Unless it's IN the girl's bathroom, I'm not interested."

Wait a second? Unless it's IN the girl's bathroom? Ladies and gentleman, I spy a "SLATERISM"!

PUNS! Watch

Zack: "You're going to be Mr. Rogers?"

Mr Belding: "You're in the right neighborhood."

How'd This Get Past Standards? Watch

Cindy (the Wake-Up Call Girl): "It's seven o'clock, tiger, time to roar!"

Whoa.

No comments: