Thursday, June 17, 2004

Perfect Mate

I had Hot Dogs today for lunch, and they were delicious and totally awesome. Almost delicious enough to take my mind off the fact that I was watching "The College Years." Almost.

First off, has there ever been a more ill-advised gambit in the history of network television programming than "Saved by the Bell: The College Years?" Possibly, but not very many.

Today, the hack writers couldn't even milk laughs out of Screech paired with an infatuated chimpanzee? Are you kidding? Even a chimpanzee could milk laughs out of Screech and a chimpanzee!

Theory: Any TV show that can't milk laughs out of a chimp deserves to be cancelled, because everybody knows that chimps are the funniest thing ever.

Corollary: Based on that theory, Lancelot Link: Secret CHIMP should be the funniest television program ever made. And, indeed, it is.

Today's Quote

While discussing a "Perfect Mate" computer dating program test:

Screech: I took one of those tests once - it said my perfect mate was Whoopi Goldberg!

Most Implausible Moment

Remember before, when I was talking about the chimp?

No comments: